REQUEST A QUOTE
Timeless and eye-catching, MARLIN DEL REY V was designed by naval architects Tony Castro and Ron Holland and built by Lürssen in 1993. The yacht's current owner has continually updated her, to ensure her great condition. As one of the finest sailing yachts of her size, MARLIN DEL REY V showcases the stability and luxuriousness of a motor yacht as well as impressive sailing performance.Grande Yachts International is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop and Johnson. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
MEDIA / GALLERY
LOA: 132’ 9”
Year: 1993/ Refit 2002
Beam: 30’ 2”
Max Draft: 13’ 9”
Cruise Speed: 10 knots
Max Speed: 12 knots
Range: 2,700 nm
Fuel: 6,000 Gallons
Water: 3,500 Gallons
Holding: 660 Gallons
MARLIN DEL REY V is one of the finest sailing yachts of her size, boasting the spaciousness and luxury of a motor yacht with excellent sailing performance. The yacht has a notable pedigree that includes a timeless design by naval architects Tony Castro and Ron Holland, a sophisticated interior by Ken Freivokh and esteemed craftsmanship by builder Lürssen. With the assistance of her first owner, a longtime yachtsman, who had owned several world-class sailing yachts, MARLIN DEL REY V was built to unparalleled standards. The yacht's second (and current owner) has upgraded the yacht continually to ensure her condition.
This ketch sailing yacht rig sets over 8,300 square feet (750 sqm) of sail, which can be increased by another 6,400 square feet (600sqm) when sailing downwind. MARLIN DEL REY V is an exceptionally stable vessel. She heels no more than 20 degrees when close-hauled and carrying full sail in Beaufort Force 6 and associated sea conditions. This is achieved primarily to her larger than average, 30-foot (9.2m) beam and low resistance, large volume bulb keel, and close attention to weight calculations by Lürssen.
The luxury sailing yacht's interior has elegant styling and impressive attention to detail. MARLIN DEL REY V showcases a comfortable deck salon with sensational panoramic views of your chosen destination. The space provides an ideal area to host guests featuring a large sofa and two easy chairs as well as formal dining for eight.
MARLIN DEL REY V accommodates six guests in the comfort of three/four well-appointed cabins. The master cabin is located in the center of the yacht, providing the utmost comfort and stability. The well-laid out and large cabin features a king-size bed, walk-in dressing room, and his-and-her tiled bathrooms. Adding to the private oasis, the cabin has a lounge area with a sofa and coffee table — the sofa is able to convert into a sailing berth with lee cloths. The additional cabins aboard this luxury sailing yacht include two guest staterooms with side-by-side berths, a desk, and spacious en-suite bathrooms. The yacht's captain's cabin can be used as a guest cabin if needed. MARLIN DEL REY V also has accommodations for seven crewmembers.
The entire interior, including the crew quarters, is finished in a raised panel cherry with burled elm inserts designed by Ken Freivokh. Accommodations for the Owner's party are in three or four staterooms, with a large salon located at the main deck level.
Upon entering the yacht, an elegant deck salon provides a panoramic view of the surroundings. A large sofa with two easy chairs and coffee table are located to port.
Starboard is a large burled elm dining table with an LI-shaped settee and three upholstered dining chairs, providing elegant seating for eight. A desk finished in the same style is just forward of this area. Forward of this area is the instrument console and main navigation station. There are watertight doors to port and starboard of the navigation console.
Walking forward, down four steps, is a passageway offset to starboard that continues forward to the crew quarters. Along the outboard side of this forward passageway is a large freezer and special built-in storage for vacuum cleaners, dry goods, inverters, technical manuals, linens and towels. The master stateroom is accessed from this passageway.
Continuing forward along the passageway, a door leads to the crew quarters, in this area there are four cabins. The captain's cabin/fourth guest cabin has a full queen size berth and the other three have upper and lower berths. Each cabin has fully tiles ensuites baths with stall showers. All toilets were new in 2012.
Moving aft from the deck salon, four steps curve down around on centerline and lead aft. Off this passageway to port is the electrical control room and starboard is a large utility room with a big airing cabinet washer/dryer and access to the engine room. Aft off this bright, wide passageway is the crew mess and communications room located to starboard. A large, well-equipped galley is on the port side. Aft is two additional guest staterooms with access to the aft deck via a stairway.
The deck cockpit features a raised helm station with instruments, secondary radar, and controls for the thrusters and captive winches. This area provides the helmsman with a 360-degree view of the yacht. Comfortable seating and tables are arranged, both port and starboard, aft of the helm station.
MARLIN DEL REY V features three/four beautifully appointed cabins below deck, which accommodate up to six guests. Located amidships, the maser cabin provides the utmost comfort.
The master cabin is complete with a private seating area (with a sofa that converts into a sailing berth), a plush king-size bed, a walk-in dressing room, and his-and-hers en-suite bath. The sailing yacht's additional two cabins both have side-by-side double berths and en-suite bathrooms. MARLIN DEL REY V's captain's cabin can be used as a guest cabin if needed. The yacht also features accommodations for up to seven crewmembers.
- Gimbaled gas oven with 4 burners and grill
- Gimbaled microwave oven
- Large deep freezer
- Food processor
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioner
- Dumb waiter
- Double stainless steel sink
- Miele clothes dryer
- LG Washing Machine
The sailing helm station features a full set of sailing instruments, a multi-function display unit, engine and propeller pitch indicators, engine exhaust temperature gauges, magnetic and gyro compasses, throttle, master switchboard panel, VHF radio, a very comfortable seat for the helmsman and a superb view of the forward and aftdecks.
- 25 KW Black Box Furuno radar
- 10 KW Furuno color radar
- Simrad AP 70 autopilot new
- FLEET 55 SATCOM
- SAILOR SSB Radio
- Several GPS's
- 2 Portable VHF's
- Computer & printer
- Depth sounder
- Furuno Nav Net
- Brookes & Gatehouse Hercules 690 system complete with multifunction display units
- (3) 360 degree wind direction indicator
- Anshutz gyrocompass
- (2) magnetic compasses
- Rudder indicator
- NEW (2) CQR 500 lb anchors with 395'/120m chain
- Life jackets
- Life Ring
- Apex 15' RIB with 25 hp Yamaha
- MTU V12, 183T62, 750 hp marine diesel with Hundested VP9 variable pitch 4 blade propeller with pneumatic and mechanical shaft seals
- Richfield retractable 50 hp bow and stern thrusters
- (3) Cruisare water chilled air conditioning units
- (2) Cruisare air conditioning units for aft cabins
- Negative pressure engine room with 380V AC and 24V DC extractor fans
- Pneumatic seals on engine room door
- Water: 3,500 gallons in three tanks
- Black Water: 660 gallons (2,500 liters) in painted aluminum tank
- Grey Water: 660 gallons (2500 liters) in painted aluminum tank
- Many new pumps and motors
- Water maker: 100 gallons/hr.
- Transfer pump with 2 separ 2000 filters
- 24V DC system and 220V AC single phase system, 50/60 cycle and 3-phase 380V AC 50 cycle from (2) Northern lights 50 kw 1,500 rpm generators
- (2) 30 KW generators with Yanmar engines in aft ccompartment
- 3-phase split into two nets supplied through two shore power connections
- 3 single phase automatic chargers and (3) 3-phase 200 amp24 volt charges
- (2) Isolation transformers which can accept 22013801420 volt 50 or 60 cycle
- 380V ACl24V DC bilge and firefighting pumps
- 4,500 amp hours in (3) 24V gelcell battery banks for on board service
- (3) 24V DC 125amp alternators on main engine
- Emergency switchboard to handle failure automatic systems
- 24V DC earth monitoring system
- Polarity meter
This ketch sailing yacht rig sets over 8,300 square feet (750 sqm) of sail, which can be increased by another 6,400 square feet (600sqm) when sailing downwind. MARLIN DEL REY V is an exceptionally stable vessel. She heels no more than 20 degrees when close-hauled and carrying full sail in Beaufort Force 6 and associated sea conditions.
- Andy Steiner designed masts and booms built by Powell in tapered aluminum sections designed to provide excellent performance under sail unlike a motor sailor.
- Stainless steel Navtec rod standing rigging, 2004.
- The Genoa and staysail are handled with the Lewmar1400 winches.
- Sparcraft hydraulic furling head stays, operated by an independent Lewmar commander system.
- Genoa and staysail on single halyards with a hydraulic ram.
- Main and Mizzen are fully battened sails with lazy jacks, hoisted on Lewmar 1100 winches.
- A total of (6) Lewmar LMS 1000 captive winches
- (4) Seaway captive winches are run by (4) Lewmar commander systems
Deck Winches Include:
- (4) Lewmar#1400 3-speed hydraulic sis winches
- (3) Lewmar #700 manual sis winches with backwind feature
- (1) Lewmar #650 manual sis winch
- (3) Lewmar #1100 hydraulic sis winches
- (2) Lewmar hydraulic capstan windlasses
- (2) Lewmar #850 hydraulic sis winches warpingdrums
- Lewmar 1000 line management system and seaway captive winches
- Seaway worm gear hydraulic traveler for both main and mmizzen
All Sails by Hood:
- (1) Main (Fully battened)- Ultra Spectra: Very good
- (1) Jib (Furling)- Jib- Ultra Spectra : Very good
- (1) Genoa 112% (Furling)- Ultra Spectra: Very good
- (1) Staysail – Ultra Spectra: Very good
- Mizzen (fully battened)- Ultra Spectra: Very good
- All fixed fittings installed for Spinnaker
- (8) Person life raft inspected October 2011
- Helicopter rescue straps
- Bilge pumps-manual, automatic and engine driven
- Fire axe
- Fire extinguishers
- Fireman's outfit
- CO2 engine fire extinguishing system
- Halon fire system for electrical control room
- Canvas: Hood awnings
- Hood companionway dodgers
- Antigua Sails
- Bimini top
- Retractable dinghy storage platform which also provides passarelle and swim platform
- Gioit hatches
- (8) Saniflo electric flush toilets
A great deal of upgrading has been performed on MARLIN DEL REY V in the last few years. A brief list of some of the new items follow:
2006 and 2007:
- Mast removed, stripped and inspected. New engine shaft installed.
- New rudder bushing
- 2 new Furuno plotters
- 2 new 30 kW Generators
- 3 GPS's
- New 380 watt inverter system with spare inverter
2011 and 2012:
- New bottom system
- New Paint Job; Hull and Superstructure
- New 80hp + 25hp dinghy motors
- New Furuno AIS
- 25 kW radar
- New KVH 32" antenna
- New running rigging
- All Sails reconditioned
Without question, one of the finest sailing yachts of her size. The original owner, a lifelong yachtsman who owned a series of highly regarded world-class sailing yachts, instructed naval architects Tony Castro and Ron Holland to design a ketch rigged sailing yacht to provide exceptional stability together with the comfort and spaciousness of a large motor yacht but with excellent performance under sail. This was successfully accomplished with Marlin Delrey V offering exhilarating performance on all points of sail. The yachts present owner (her second) has upgraded Marlin Del Rey V in numerous ways, having pretty much gone through all her systems.
Lurssen's attention to detail in the construction is evident in all areas of the yacht, from a well thought out layout implemented by interior designer, Ken Freivokh, and superbly executed engine room to the overall detailed finish of the yacht.
Marlin Delrey V truly offers a rare opportunity to acquire one of the world's finest sailing yachts well below replacement cost and without the extended three-year delay of constructing a new yacht of this high quality.